Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sushi Japosha

Sushi Japosha offers only take-away sushi. I think they have got the the real essence of it: simple sushi with solid quality. I think they have a sushi delivery system but I have usually picked the delivery up for myself.
A good idea is to call and order in advance at least half an hour. On weekends it is better to call in advance even few hours before because they seem to be full of work...
At first I was a bit terrified by the exterior of the place. The entry was a weird green door going to a obscure cellar. A typical horror movie scenario: " A girl ordered a take-away sushi. She went to pick it up but never came back..." Hehe. But, never judge a book by its cover...

Sushi Japosha at Jakobi 22 in Tallinn. The obscure green door to sushi paradise. 

The place itself is very small with no opportunity to eat on the spot. Interior kind of sweet: mixture of different asian and russian style decorative elements. The workers are friendly russian guys with sweet accent.

Small place filled with typical asian style interior elements. Cliché look-a like but sweet.  

Ordered sushi:
Alaska maki (salmon, avocado, cucumber, masago) 5.80 EUR, eel nigiri 1.80 EUR, butterfish nigiri 1 EUR, salmon nigiri 1.30 EUR.

This is a nice and fresh looking sushi. I should also mention a perfect size soy sauce cup.
Maki was fresh with very nice texture and with the right balance of products. (quite large in size.) I specially liked the masago it was rolled in. Nigiri ingredients where also nice and fresh. The size of rice the ball and fish was in balance. The quality of the sushi was better than I expected. Nothing over fancy but something you expect of regular take-away sushi.
The ginger was also very nice and fresh (a standard "a bit sweet and pink"). Wasabi was a regular powder-made (not my special favorite).
Always crucial in sushi is a soy sauce. I love Kikkoman's. Unfortunately Japosha's soy sauce tasted like diluted Kikkoman. It had it's taste but looked it was mixed with water (much lighter and less taste).  A big no-no for me...

RATING:
Sushi Japosha
Would I recommend Sushi Japosha "Yes" (but be sure eat it with the soy sauce you love)
Would I revisit them? "Yes. I have ordered for them many times. Good price and quality balance."
Food: 8/10
Interior: 6/10
Service. 9/10



  

No comments:

Post a Comment